Sunday, September 5, 2010

End of Summer (Extra Credit)

Is it really over already?
Is it really time to get onto a schedule that is steady?
I’m going to miss the late nights,
The vacations, the sunsets, all the summer sights.
It seems like it was just the last day of school,
But now it’s back and it’s definitely uncool.
I wish time would just slow down,
But everything is changing fast, I see it all around.
The stores in the mall are selling out tanks and shorts,
And bringing in boots and sweaters of all different sorts.
The taste of watermelon will soon start to fade,
And so will the memories and not so long ago we made.
The warm summer air is starting to move out,
While the cold comes in to replace it with a shout.
It’s time to get back to books and homework,
And in every classroom the teachers will lurk.
It’s back to friendships, rivalries and trying to fit in,
Boyfriends and crushes, August 24 is when it will begin.
There’s no turning back now because it is here,
Goodbye summer, goodbye until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment